MISSED MY LOVE!

This is my top secret,
This is why I was single for so long,
I brought this self-inflicted wound upon myself.
I brought this hurt upon myself
I waited so long without a partner not because I am not good enough
But you see.......
circumstances surround this mystery!

I guess I am more mature, wiser and full of knowledge now,
I can't deny the fact that I feel so bad to have come this far
before realizing how foolish I had been.
All the foolish things I did to let my lover go!
It's all good and for a purpose
maybe, so you can learn from my story.

Before you go on listening to my story,
Let me warn you:
Do not excite love, don't stir it up,
until the time is ripe and you are ready!
or your love story might end up shattered,
Here is mine:

One fateful night, I was asleep,
but my heart was awake.
I heard my lover knocking, saying:
"Open the door so I can come in, my darling, my dove,
my treasure, my perfect one.
My head is soaked with dew.
My hair is wet with the mist of the night.

But I'm in my nightgown, does he expect me to get dressed?
I'm bathed and in bed, does he want me to get dirty?
But my lover wouldn't take NO for an answer,
and the longer he knocked,
the more excited I became.

I got up to open the door to my lover,
sweetly ready to receive him.
Desiring and expectant as I turned the door handle.
But when I opened the door, he was gone!
My lover was tired of waiting and left.
And I died inside-oh! I felt so bad!

I ran out looking for him
But he was nowhere to be found.
I called for him, there was no answer.
The night watchmen found me as they patrolled
the streets of the city.
They slapped and beat and bruised me,
ripping off my clothes.
These watchmen, ain't they supposed to be guarding the city?

I beg you if you find my lover,
Please tell him that I am heartsick with love for him.
You ask what's so great about my lover?
what's so special about him that I beg you for help?

My beloved is exquisitely handsome and strong,
he is outstanding among ten thousand.
His head is the finest gold, his wavy hair is black as a raven,
His eyes are like doves, soft and bright,
His cheeks like a garden of spices, like flowers used for perfume.
His lips are lilies dripping with perfume.

His hands are well formed, and he wears ring sets with gems.
His body is smooth like ivory, with sapphires set in it.
His legs are like strong and steady pillars of marble set upon bases of fine gold.
His appearance is like the finest cedar tree in the mountains of Lebanon.
His words are kisses, his kisses words.

Everything about him delights me, thrills me
through and through!
That's my lover, that's my man.

I know at this point you feel so sorry for me and you are thinking:
"So where has this love of yours gone, beautiful woman? 
where on earth can he be?
can we help you look for him?"
Never mind- My darling has gone down to his garden,
to his fragrant plantings,
where he will feed his "sheep" and gather lilies.
I am my lover's and my lover is mine.
He feeds his flock among the lilies.

My letter to you,
Dear Blessed Reader,
Does this love story somehow sound like yours or someone you know?
Jesus is knocking at the door of your heart, will you let Him come in
or are you still carrying your "designer bag of excuses"?
Open the door now, it might be late
Open the door, or get beaten up by the manipulations of this world.
Don't procrastinate, Let him have total control of your life NOW
He is the lover of your soul, no human would be able to fill your "love tank" like he does!
He loves you and deep down, you know!

Hey...you! I know you know that name
The question is: Are you just in love with Jesus by mouth and associations?
When are you gonna take action?
He is waiting for you to prove it!
Love is giving, when are you gonna truly make time for Him?
Most people know Jesus, not everyone knows ABOUT Him!
Get up.....and take action before he leaves!

Listen! I am standing and knocking at your door. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and we will eat together.[Revelation 3:20]



PS: This poem is inspired by the book of songs of Solomon chapter 5 and 6(The story of the Shulamite woman)
The poem is combined in different versions of the bible( Message, NIRV, NLT, AMP, ASV, ESV, ESR) in no particular other, other things not found in the verse are added just for emphasis!

Love,

                                                                                Oyinkan_Godstreasure














Comments

Popular Posts