Push or Pull?

Walked into this very big house
Everything in it is an unforgettable, glamorous sight
Like any law....the bigger the house,
the more the chores. Well,  I can handle that, can't I?
Further curiosity revealed some brand new household items waiting to be unravelled.
Some are easier to figure, others require that time is taken to check the manufacturer's guide.
That's not even where my story starts,
The sun is setting and I'm so tired...aaaaah!!!!!  that was my last until  I heard the sound of birds chirping the next morning.

Ooooh! It's a beautiful morning....let's get the day started,
This house is too beautiful for me not to share for the world to see
I think I should go shopping today.
I tried pulling this door...
But there just seem to be something
Wrong somewhere, probably my greasy hand is the cause
One more try and 2 more tries led to my 32nd
Oh God! What is happening?
Am I stuck here?
Was the door just a disguise so I can feel Safe..... but real intention is meant to harm?
Somebody help!
I am trapped!
I am alone and frustrated!
Is anyone even hearing?

I called dad, but he just won't get it
"You have to try harder, keep pulling,
It's never that serious".....he said
Little sis says she believes in me, ain't no door too strong!
You see, I am shattered, I am confused,
I am tired.....They all don't get that I have been trying
Let's take the last try....one, two, three..pull!!!!
"Keep trying!" they say...."you can do it," they said!
Let me let you all know that my last strength can't even blow away a piece of paper!

Look what I just got, a text from friends.
Hey girl.....it's been forever, are you still trapped behind that door, when are you gonna ever think of calling who to break it down?
Hmm!!!! At least I got something different from "keep trying", "I believe in you" or "don't give up"
That should cheer me up a bit right?
Hold on.....did I just hear my name?
Anybody there?...... I am right here!!!

Then I saw this shining light beaming towards me as the stranger approached.
Hey stranger! Sorry.......angel!
Good thing you came, but you would need some instrument to break this door.
Be calm, He said, you can do this if you listen!
You see, I tried swallowing this anger but I just couldn't help but blow up in frustration and pour out my cup of aggression
Don't even try to encourage me, not anymore, this is an impossible case
Just push it! He said, push from your end and that solves it.
In my coat of pride.....I tried what sounded stupid to me. Tada!!! and here's the door.
Holy Moly! The door is finally opened!!!

That simple?
Just a push?
So who is the foolish one?
Don't even try to judge!
All of my sweats, all of the pain,
All of my strength, all of the frustrations
Was not even worth it in the end!
A beautiful morning and a great day ahead was just a push away?
I couldn't have imagined...
 This makes much sense now.
When I saw that owners manual earlier,
All I said was "its just a door!"
The simplest things are the most complicated without knowledge!

"If it is not the Lord who builds a house,
    the builders are wasting their time.
If it is not the Lord who watches over the city,
    the guards are wasting their time."
    (Psalm 127:1)
STOP STRUGGLING ON YOUR OWN...YOU CAN'T GO THROUGH LIFE ALL BY YOUR SELF, YOU NEED JESUS TO SHOW YOU HOW TO LIVE AN EASY LIFE...YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE OWNERS MANUAL (GODS WORD) AT EVERY JOURNEY OF YOUR LIFE!

PS: Poem inspired by the song Pushing On a Pull Door  by For King & Country
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIm7nZlfCPU
Love,
             Oyinkan_God'streasure




Comments

Popular Posts