TRAPPED IN THE PAST

Sitting down right in front of the PC, about to go about the daily business; that usual cycle.
She stumbled upon one of her old pictures, this brought a big smile on her face as she said to herself:
"this was me!", she continued scrolling through the
pictures. "This was my first year in school, the day I got that award, the day I graduated, my workplace and my colleagues, those achievements, the days of fulfilment, Oooh I remember these ones, we were besties, I remember us all setting  five-years goals, we looked so much forward to a great future" she clicked the last picture and it was her again laughing in the picture, "Hmmm....those are some happy times"

In the twinkling of an eye, she switched from laughing to crying with hot tears rolling down her cheeks as she began mourning her past:

"Where is that joy?
Where is that peace?
Who stole my dreams?
Who stole the hope?
The assurance I used to get, I can find it anymore!"

As if the questions are not enough, the adversary decided to make good use of her bereaved moments by taunting her:

"Hey! stop dwelling on old glory, that is the past
You already accomplished your greatest attainment
what else?
Have you seen your besties and colleagues recently?
In case you haven't, let me have you know that
they have gone far, very far to be precise!
You should be ashamed having the audacity to
even smile at your past accomplishments, everyone else
has moved....guess what? You are still trapped in your dreams.
You know "the good old days" phrase is used for a reason?
They are for people like you, the only time you get to be happy
is in the past and then you become a history teacher, reminding yourself
of the things of old forever"

Just then, she screamed "Shut up devil! who gave you the right?
and then she busted into laughter
"See, you just lost it, allow me to reintroduce myself to you,
I am a child of the most high God
A royal priesthood to be precise!
I am not like them that are hopeless!
I have everything that I need,
He told me to use the  password,
that's the only key to open the door
that's  the  only  process  to  move  mountains
I am not an old soldier!
Not one day have I retired from fighting
Every single day brings memories reminding
me that I am at war!
I am ever ready, too bad you got the wrong person.

See, the good news is that  I have already won, I won a long time ago
Because I found the right password and its FAITH
the good part is that it is not a consolation, it is not
me living in denial, It is believing what I cannot see
Faith is seeing light with my heart when all my eyes see is darkness.”
Yeah....that may sound stupid, but the one that owns me
says that's the only way to please Him.
NO! I am not like them that are hopeless!!
I have found that the secret is to live by FAITH
There's no way I'd mistake this temporal season as my FATE
I may not be there at the moment but I'd be a fool to compare my story with my MATE
The Christ in me is the hope of Glory!"

And she breathed a great sigh of relief as she got up on her knees.

This is to encourage someone:
NEVER allow the devil guilt trip you every time you look back at the wonders God has done in your life as the last thing you could ever be. See, his plan for us is to brainwash us from all the years God has been faithful by reminding us of our temporal challenges.
If you looked back and thank God instead of comparing and crying about the past, you will quicken the hand of God to bring you out of where you feel stuck at the moment.
Quick reminder: You don't have an old glory, you have testimonies of God's grace, the evidence that He is ever dependable, He has not brought you this far to leave you.
Hey darling, this is not your rest, it's not the dead end, the devil can't have the final say, shut him up now!


17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
    and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
    and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
    and the cattle barns are empty,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
    I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
Habakkuk 3: 17-18


                                                                                                             Oyinkan_God'treasure








                   






















Comments

Popular Posts