FRIENDS FOREVER

Once upon a time there was a girl born into a beautiful family, loved by her parents and cherished by her siblings she even got a sweet name to complement.
She blooms every year like the spring flowers, there wasn't too much of her neither was she too less but she had a different picture of her self. Gradually losing the REASON she had been from the onset, slowly getting away from the PLAN and quickly embracing a friend all drawn from imaginations.
So passionate about this new imaginary friend  that she got lost in the island of fantasy
Too much expectations and excitements about this new relationship, it would hard to even convince her otherwise if she was told no one like that exists.
Beaming with smiles all she could see were different pictures of how sweet this was going to turn out Here's the picture she had in her head:
This friend must be there for me when I am sick,
He must wipe my tears away when I cry
Because he's my friend must take away shame and defeat for me
He must make me happy at all times
He must always find me when I am lost
He must be a doctor 'cos that's his Job to heal me when I'm sick
He can even have a little knowledge of law and legal practise ready to bail me when I get in trouble
I am a woman and finding love is very essential to me so, He will love me unconditionally for the rest of my life and provide for all my needs
He must stay by me in good and bad times and be my comforter and counsellor
When I step out and ask for opinions about how I look and they give me the opposite of what I want to hear to break my heart, He has to constantly be there to tell me I AM BEAUTIFUL, I AM SMART AND I CAN DO ALL THINGS.
She opened her eyes and found she was still on her couch......"oooooh not again!!!!
apparently this world is just full of deceit no one to even count on, no one knows how I feel, no one knows this emptiness I feel. No one can be that friend I saw, I just have to suck it all up!
I have had so many friends but none of them is reliable,  let me look through my list:
Sade is a good friend sha oooo, she helped when I broke my leg at the inter-house sport competition, I remember her grabbing ice to put on my ankle before the paramedics came. But then all she could do was tell me sorry and couldn't take away the pain.
Errrm....maybe Phillips, such a wonderful friend; always encouraging me when I am down. But  as caring as he is, does he even find a solution to my problems? No, I won't deny the fact that he tries but it's not even enough.
Tanya, hmm she's just a friend, I feel like she's just neutral to my feelings all she tells me to do is to cast all my burdens on him( she thinks my issues are nothing if I can direct it to the right source) She  lives in denial, talking about this friend of hers ready to be friends with all, talks about how perfect he is. Yeah! I can recall one of her illusion stories time, she told me this same friend of hers left His father's great kingdom on a journey to save people. I mean, who does that????
I just know that one day Tanya would wake up and tear off the drawings she had made of a perfect friend, she would snap out it. That kind of friend doesn't exist.
I have searched everywhere and haven't even found one. What do I have to loose anyways?  I have come this far with all sorts of friend but no one could fill this hole, the emptiness in my heart, I should call her to introduce me to him, yeah that's what I'll do!
Few minutes later, Tanya's  phone is ringing but no one is picking up. This is my last try, at least to justify myself when I tell you that have been abandoned, people are already tired of me.  Tanya isn't picking her call but hold on...there's this song she set as her voicemail.I could only get the first few lines of the song:
"If you’ve been walking the same old road for miles and miles
If you’ve been hearing the same old voice tell the same old lies
If you’re trying to feel the same old holes inside

The part that says there's a better life in the song kept ringing in my ears like one whos's got the Tinnutus, could I be hallucinating? so desperate to get the whole content, searched the web and listened to this same song repeatedly until it finally sank in. 
And that was it, I found the one, who will finally make me happy, would give me all the satisfaction I always longed for and fill this emptiness in me. Maybe Tanya was a good friend all along who has been trying to show me a better life. The wait is finally over, He has to be my friend as soon as possible. I am ready to do all I can to keep this friend in my life forever."

And She lived PEACEFULLY, JOYFULLY AND RESTFULLY ever after!!!!

You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants,for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.
John 15:14-15"

STORY INSPIRED BY THE SONG: CHAIN BREAKER BY Zach Williams

                                                                                                        ______Oyinkan_Treasure_______

Lyrics to the song:
If you’ve been walking the same old road for miles and miles
If you’ve been hearing the same old voice tell the same old lies
If you’re trying to feel the same old holes inside
There’s a better life
There’s a better life
If you’ve got pain
He’s a pain taker
If you feel lost
He’s a way maker
If you need freedom or saving
He’s a prison-shaking Savior
If you’ve got chains
He’s a chain breaker
We’ve all search for the light of day in the dead of night
We’ve all found ourselves worn out from the same old fight
We’ve all run to things we know just ain’t right
And there’s a better life
There’s a better life
If you’ve got pain
He’s a pain taker
If you feel lost
He’s a way maker
If you need freedom or saving
He’s a prison-shaking Savior
If you’ve got chains
He’s a


Comments

Popular Posts